The World According to Marney

Wednesday, July 3

Last night, after a long day at the office, I was really looking forward to relaxing at S-n-B. When I got there at my usual 1 hour before it starts, what do I see on the door? A sign saying they would be closed for the evening for a "Staff Meeting." Granted, the staff there could use some help, but it was really horrible for all of us weekly knitters. For 45 minutes, we congregated out front in the 95 degree, 85% humidtiy weather trying to find somewhere else to go nearby. We ended up going to Bulgin' Waffles a block away and left a sign on the door of the rest of the group. I think there is a small uprising within the ranks to find an alternative venue. Afterwards, Jackie and I wandered around the area looking for alternatives. Sadly, the options are rather limited by either space, lighting or business hours.

I splurged last night and bought my first Addi Turbo Circular Needles. I want to emphasize FIRST. I have been meaning to try them out for a while but haven't had the necessity to get new needles. I have been using my Susan Bates Circulars for the shell. Unfortunately, the tips are so sharp that they poke into my fingers. It is not comfortable, at all. The Addis are really great. And they helped me get through another ball on my shell. It seems to be progresing quite quickly now.

So, as I was taking the nice, air-conditioned bus home last night, I had my bag on the seat next to me as I was knitting. A few stops down the line, it got a bit crowded. I was moving my bag to the floor as I was moving into that seat. There was a #8 Susan Bates Straight needle that had poked through my bag, into my leg. Oh, yes, I drew blood on that one. I think Susan Bates will have to stay locked away for a while, now. I hope today gets better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home