The World According to Marney

Monday, July 8

I want to send out a HUGE congratulations to Betsy and Ryan on their engagement!!! How fabulous to start the next phase in your relationship in a city with so much history, romance and awe, like Rome. Congratulations!!!!!

This weekend, I opted to stay in from the waning heat and waxing smoke. Before I hibernated, I stopped by the library and picked up Crocheting in Plain English. So I did what any sequestered fiberphile would do, I taught myself to crochet. Granted, I am not very good nor am I convinced that I am doing it right. Nevertheless, I got through a basic chain, single chain and double chain. I even ventured to try fishnet. I guess I'm just trying to beconme more well rounded.

I finished the shell on Saturday. I think it came out very well. I tried it on and it fits me even though it looks small. I even made a little I-cord button for the back closure. I think it will look really cute on my sister. On the heels of that, I made a big decision. The chameleon cardigan that has been on the needles for the past 5 months got frogged. I realized that I really did not like the stitch pattern and had no desire to finish it let alone wear it. Instead, it will become a cropped sweater with seed stitch edging and a collar. The pattern is in the Vogue Knitting on the Go: Vintage Knits book. I seem to be getting quite a lot of use out of this book. I have much more faith in this one working out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home