The World According to Marney

Wednesday, January 28

Snowy Weather

At the last minute, I found out that I didn't have to work at the theatre last night, so I jumped at the chance to go to S-n-B for the first time in I don't know how long. It is now in a new location, Knit New York. I hadn't been there before, as it only opened a few weeks ago. It's a cute place, combination knitting shop and cafe. It's not very big, but if there isn't a huge group for S-n-B, I'm sure it would be the Barnes & Noble of Yarn shops in that you can hang for as long as you want, eat or drink, shop for yarn and patterns and be a part of the greater knitting community.

On top of that, there was a camera crew from CNN taping the gathering. I don't know when it's supposed to be on.

I also showed off the sleeve that I have been diligently working on to my fellow knitters. The conclusion is I am totally insane for doing this project.

The interesting thing about last night was as I got to S-n-B, the sidewalks were clear, no precipitation at all. Almost as soon as I took my coat off, gigantic snow flakes started falling and instantly sticking to the already frozen sidewalk. By the time I left, about 2 hours later, there was easily 2 inches already.



This is the view from the block around the corner from my apartment last night, about 2 hours into the snow storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home