The World According to Marney

Tuesday, January 20

While I was in complete avoidance of the entire world this weekend, I spent some quality time on the alpaca sweater. Look hat I finished.


That's right, the front is finished. In fact, that picture was taken on Sunday. I spent a good chunk of yesterday stitching up the shoulders and working on the neck band. So right now, I almost have a completed roll neck neckline.

If you look closely in the picture, you will see 2 stranded stitch markers living on the stripe. Again, that stripe is already gone. It was for measuring purposes (and for frogging purposes, as well). Anyway, as I was threading the yarn through the stitches, I managed to catch both of my markers on the line by accident. So they really were just stranded there for a while, watching from a distance.

Tonight, after I finish the roll neck, I will start in on the sleeves. I'm really winging those. So far my inspiration has led to some success. I had to make a few adjustments to my original calculations, but all in all, I am pretty much on track. It is possible, if the weather continues on it's chilly trend, that I could finish this sweater within a week or two. No promises, but I am ready for it to be finished. And if I have any more bright ideas to make a sweater on size 0 needles, please feel free to remind me just how long that takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home