The World According to Marney

Friday, January 16

How Cold is it Outside?

Shall we go by layers alone? I think I have on at least three layers over any part of my body for indoors, and an additional 2 for going outside. Last night as I was walking from the subway to my apartment (three blocks), my toes started to get numb. That is not a good sign. Today we are supposed to get up to the double digits at some point. Of course, the wind (up to 30 MPH) adds to the coldness, bringing our temperature to below 0 degrees. In fact, that wind has managed to find somewhere in my windows that will let it into my apartment. I am planning on doing some window sealing this weekend.

Not much to talk about today. I haven't gotten much further on the alpaca sweater. It's not for lack of trying. I spent a couple of hours on it last night and I still am not yet up to the arm hole shaping for the front. What was I thinking?

Last week, while I was at the theatre, I was down at the counter that doesn't get a lot of traffic during the 30 minutes of walk-in. So, I had my sweater in a drawer and was knitting away. After one row, I thought it might not be a good idea, so instead, I plotted out my pattern. The only paper I had on had was the receipt paper from our credit card machine. So I have a couple of receipts with my pattern on them. I also took a picture of the finished back, that I have not yet posted. Keep in mind the stripe is not going to stay. It was for measuring purposes.



Not much planned for this weekend. Mostly, I just want to stay in my cozy, warm bed and knit. What better way to get through the freezing weather? Wouldn't I love to be there right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home