The World According to Marney

Friday, January 2

Happy New Year!

Well, it is another year, and things don't seem too different. Maybe after the weekend, when everyone recovers from a mid-week celebration.

I spent the turn of the new year at a shin-dig hosted by Nolan. I have to give props to him for making enough fabulous food for an army (or many New Year's revelers). It was a lovely, civilized event, just as he wanted it. Well, until I got into a bit of a disagreement with a friend about the attributes of Macs vs. PCs. Nevertheless, I think it was a very lovely affair.

I spent much of the first day of the new year in the frog pond. With all of my concerns about the width of this alpaca sweater, I thought it would be good to check the width of the upper body after blocking. Low and behold, it was a bit on the narrow side. So, a-frogging I will go! That makes for a bit of a disapointment, since that part of the sweater took me about a week to do. But at least I figured it out before I got to the front and had to frog that too.

Now I am back in the wonderful world of reality. At least it is only one day before the weekend. I think I can manage that.

Here is a birthday shout out:

Grandma Dolly - Happy Belated Birthday (January 1st)
Aaron and Ardra - Happy Birthday (January 2nd)
Elaine - Happy Early Birthday (January 3rd)

I wish all of the best in the new year and very warm birthday wishes. To everyone else, happy and healthy New year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home