The World According to Marney

Wednesday, January 7

Oh the Weather Inside is Frightful

On Monday, I got a message from my landlord saying that the boiler would be turned off on Wednesday (today) for maintenance, so there would be no heat or hot water during that time. And it should only take a day. I, being the prgmatic sort that I am, looked at the weather report for Wednesday (today) only to find out that we would be looking at a high temperature of 28° and wind aound 20 MPH. No heat, no hot water, sub-freezing weather and wind whipping through the buildings. Wow, don't I feel like I have been transported through time to the Middle Ages. Granted, I am not too affected by this situation as I am at work all day, but the complaint remains. My one thought is, "What the [insert expletive of your choice] were they thinking to schedule boiler maintenance on the coldest day thus far of the season?" I hope this means the boiler was about to explode and they are saving us all from near death.

This morning I woke up to a VERY cold apartment and tepid water (good thing I planned ahead with a shower last night). I hope this maintenance doesn't get too out of control and disable us for more than the day. Someone on the news said it was too cold to snow right now. I don't know if I believe that, but again, the point remains.

I'm finished grumbling now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home