The World According to Marney

Monday, January 26

PIcture Time

I thought I would show you what kind of materials I was working with. Well, here is a picture of an unadulterated hank of the alpaca that I am using for the sweater.



If you take a close look, you can see just how big this puppy is - 665 yards.



For another perspective, here is a wound ball of it.



Or for another way of putting it, two hanks of this yarn got me this far on size 0s:

+

So I am now more than half through the first sleeve and just started on the third hank. Are my grandiose dreams of getting this thing finished soon merely that, dreams? I was way too much of a non-knitter this weekend, thanks to my uncontrollable urge to go shopping on Saturday afternoon, winning at poker Saturday night (woo hoo!) and being a total bum yesterday. How can I get through this endless project if I don't pick it up one the weekends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home