The World According to Marney

Wednesday, February 25

S-N-B

Talk about an ordeal for a handful of knitters to gather in public. Let me tell you, sometimes, it's not so easy.

About a week ago, Debbie contacted a bunch of longtime S-n-Bers to meet in Brooklyn for a special edition of S-n-B that would be on the local news. I managed to have my schedule changed so I planned to go. Around 5PM last night, an e-mail went out saying the news thing was cancelledbut we were still meeting. Okay, I don't mind, since I was planning on going anyway.

I found the spot in Brooklyn only to find out that as we were gathering at 7PM, the cafe was closing at 7PM. Our fearless leader had not managed to arrive yet and we didn't want to abandon the organizer, so we convinced the staff to let us hang around until she arrived.

After sorting out the mass confusion, Debbie invited us to her apartment for an intimate S-n-B. Of course, she is in the middle of packing up her place to move next week, so there was a bit of rearranging as we arrived. Nonetheless, with the 8 of us that stuck around, I think we had a wonderful time stitching and bitching next to a fire in the fireplace. What a wonderful evening. Thanks again to Debbie for her hospitality!

Also, it was cold enough today for me to have to bundle up in my new peacefleece sweater on my way to work. It may not be the ideal wearing, but I got it in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home