The World According to Marney

Monday, February 23

Weekends are made for Knitting

I was a very busy knitter this weekend. With temeratures in the low 50s, I felt an emense amount of pressure to finish the Peace Fleece sweater. I have to get it done soon.

So, look what I did...



All that's left is the neckline and blocking. I tried it on last night and it fits! I'll try to get a picture of me in it, but that may turn out to be a challenge.

If you want a closer look at the stripes, here goes:



I am not entirely happy with the blue and green combination, but I love the green and burgandy together.

So, like many of the 20-30 somethings out there, I found myself at a Sex and the City party last night to watch the final episode. I have not been a follower of this series, as I don't have HBO, but I have seen it on a few occasions. I enjoy the frankness of the characters as well as the type of concerns that they all have. In many way, they are like me, my friends and a generation of women that are trying to appreciate themselves without relying on a man, family or other "norms of society." (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) That being said, I have to say that I am a little bit saddened by the fact that in the final episode, all four of the women are paired up. Not a single one of them walked away outside of the traditional they-live-happily-ever-after structure. I think it would have said a lot more about this new era of single women if there was some sort of freedom and happiness about being single. Life is not always about ending up with a man or a baby or whatever your wildest fantasies are. Many times, you never get what you want, or you have what you want taken away from you for no apparent reason. In my humble opinon, this show should have come to a close with the strength that it showed for the last 6 years and have at least one of them walking out the proverbial door with her head held high and no man on her arm. That is very much what it's like to be a single girl in the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home