The World According to Marney

Thursday, February 12

Waiting is not Easy

I realized that even though I have projects that are waiting for me to pay attention to them, I am just not feeling these old projects. I don't want to work on stuff that I already started. Mostly because they are big projects that don't have an end in sight. I want to start something new and fun. I want it to go pretty fast and be for me. No more projects that take a ton of time for someone else. No more projects that are just redundant. I need something that will have a bit of a flare. Something that will bring color and texture to my life. Is that asking too much? Maybe I need to do another LYS-crawl.

About a year and a half ago, I took a journey through the Yarn stores of the Upper Eastside. I think I hit about 4 of them in an afternoon. I didn't buy much, but I did get to play with lots of fun yarns. I should plot out another one. That would be a fabulous way to enjoy a long holiday weekend. I don't think there are a whole lot of shops on the Upper Westside or Mid-town. But there are a few stores downtown that I have been meaning to visit like Purl and Seaport Yarn and Knit New York (even though I went for S-n-B, I didn't buy anything). I bet if I put my mind to it, I could have a wonderful adventure in fiber waiting for me.

All I have to say is I am so very lucky to live in Manhattan as a knitter. There are dozens of yarn stores that are only a subway ride away. Okay, if I get a map together, I'll share it with you all. If any locals want to try and get together for such a journey this weekend, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home