The World According to Marney

Friday, February 6

Will this snow ever stop?

By now, the 2 inches that we got over night has already turned to slush as the rain takes the place of its frozen friend. Nevertheless, we have had WAY too much snow this season for anyone's good. It's not like back in school days when classes would be cancelled or parental caution would forbid any excessive travel. No. I'm stuck going to work every day, because I am within walking distance to the office. The reliable subway can take me my two stops if I can't bear to walk. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't so dependable. What's wrong with being a bit of a flake?

Well on to progress. I only have about 2 inches of the sleeve left before I shape the cap. If I get in as much time as I think I will tonight, I could have this thing finished in its entirety by tomorrow. Wouldn't that be fabulous!?!?!?

I also got my copy of Interweave Knits Magazine yesterday. I can't say that I am in love with most of the patterns, but the cover pattern (the pink cable sweater) is really cute. There are a couple of other patterns that I could see myself wearing. The one thing that I caught myself doing throughout the magazine is checking needle size and gauge. This sweater has warped my brain!!!

I have also been trying to rearrange my apartment to accommodate my new bookcase and my old stuff. I did get an e-mail about my other bookcase yesterday. According to Ikea, "(b)ecause the item(s) is/are not featured in the 2004 IKEA General Catalog or Virtual Catalog, it is/they are not available to order for home delivery this year." At least I still have the order from the store for the similar bookcase that they are supposed to get in soon.
(in birch)

On another note, I am feeling much better today. After about two or three hours at work, I was feeling much better yesterday. I'm not quite 100%, but I am definitely close enough. Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home