The World According to Marney

Friday, February 20

I Am Out Of Control!

I gave it a shot. I really tried. I wanted to seem open to a snooty place that sells yarn. After all, if they sell yarn, they can't be all that bad, right? Well, my goal was merely to get size 7 DPNs. Not complicated. I walk over to the needle rack and find the DPNs. Size 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9...wait a minute. No, that's right. So I ask the sales lady (who was much nicer than the person I spoke to the last time I was there) if there were any other DPNs as there were clearly no 7s on the rack. Of course not.

Dejected, sad and a little bit justified in my lack of appreciation, I walked out of the shop. It was then that I remembered that The Yarn Connection was open late on Thursdays. And yesterday was, in deed, Thursday. With a spring in my step, I walked a mile downtown. Not only did they have the needles that I was looking for in both bamboo and metal, they had yarn sales. Since Rowan has a habit of discontinuing colors, I managed to pick up this:



Lovely Rowan Calmer in Zeal. Now, I was warned that there is no more of this color available. But, Audrey only needs about 7 skeins. That leaves me 3 to play around with later. Hey, it was on sale. I can do that. I never promised I wouldn't suppliment my stash. (I don't know how people do that - go on yarn diets.)

So with new projects on the brain, I went home to work on my final wool sweater of the season. Look how far I got!



I have started the decrease for the arm holes. Now I just need the sleeves so I can work on up. well, lucky for me, look what magically appeared on my new needles.


Sorry it's so blurry.

I am racing the weather on this one. All of a sudden, we are hitting 40+ degree days regularly. I better get going quickly or it will have to wait for next November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home