The World According to Marney

Thursday, May 22

I can't believe that this is really May. The weather today is more like October. Rainy, chilly, gray, yucky. To top it all off, there is no one in the office today, which makes me just want to leave. I don't really think that will be happening, though.

I would like to post a little update on my quest for navy shoes for this rapidly approaching wedding. Last night, after work, I went to 15 stores to look for shoes. I went to Bloomingdale's, Nine West, Aerosoles, Naturalizer, Payless ShoeSource, stores that only had a pair or two stuffed in the back room, storefronts that pile all of their stock boxes in the middle of the floor, stores that had f-ugly shoes that started at the price of $250, clothing stores that had mannequins wearing attractive shoes (only to find out that there were no shoes sold at the store), and STILL I have no shoes for this wedding.

On the bright side, I am working on the border of the shawl which means I will be done by tomorrow. Also, in my travels last night, I picked up some navy cotton/lycra lining fabric. I have decided to make a smaller square of the shawl's lace pattern with the left over yarn and use it as an overlay for a handbag. This will bring the navy and teal of the dress together in the bag as well. Although I won't be wearing any shoes at this wedding, I will have perfectly matching accessories. The cool thing about all of this is in total, the price of my shawl and purse will run me under $20. Now, the amount of work that has been put into all of this is quite a bit more than $20 worth. Crafty girl strikes again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home