The World According to Marney

Tuesday, May 13

Last night, I really needed a bit of instant gratification. I found a pattern linked from Liz's blog for a bag pattern that I thought would help me with my need for finishing something. Not to mention, I have all that acrylic from the Yarn Fairy that is not getting any younger. So, I have myself a new tote bag. Of course, with no camera, I have no pictures to share with you. I think if I do it again, I will cut down a few stitches, as it came out a bit bigger than I hoped. Or, I could do it in wool and felt it. That could be cute.

Anyway, it was very strange to go from the toothpick needles (size US 2) I am using for the shawl to the tree trunks (size US 10 1/2) for the tote. There were a couple of times that I just had to put it all down before my fingers dropped too many stitches.

In any case, it looks like I may be commissioned to make another heirloom baby blanket for an upcoming baby shower. I like having projects coming at me from all over the place. This will give me something to balance out the shawl with. Let me tell you, the shawl currently needs balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home