The World According to Marney

Monday, May 19

It was a rather productive weekend with my shawl. I am currently down to 2 more patter repeats before I start with the border. It is starting to feel like I have been working on this shawl forever, even though it has only been about a week and a half.

This weekend was the Ninth Avenue International Food Festival. That means for the past two days, there were thousands of people milling outside of my apartment building from about 7AM to 7PM. It couldn't have happened on a more beautiful weekend. It did pose a bit of a challenge for those of us that just like to continue on with daily life. Navigating through the throng of drunken festival goers with a very large, very full bag of laundry was definitely not something I plan on doing again, any time soon. Although, there was hardly anyone at the laundromat.

I would like make a little shout out to my buddies at Hairspray (flash site). Congrats on winning 10 Drama Desk Awards last night out of the 13 nominations. The wins include Marissa Jaret Winokur as Outstanding Actress in a Musical in the role of Tracy Turnblad, and Harvey Fierstein as Outstanding Actor in a Musical in the role of Tracy's mother, Edna. The Tony Awards are coming up in about 3 weeks when they are up for another 13 nominations. I think this is definitely the year of Hairspray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home