The World According to Marney

Thursday, May 29

It is only Thursday and I have a Shawl (no picture because it's blocking in my shower - creative blocking methods by Marney to follow) and a purse

Wedding Purse

to go with the rest of the outfit. (The shawl has the same stitch pattern as the purse.)

So, I re-bound off the shawl last night with a much stretchier method. I can't believe how much bigger it got even before the blocking. But then I was faced with the whole blocking problem. I have a shawl that takes up more space in my cosy apartment than any given surface except the floor. There is no way I was going to let my feline friends nest on my brand new shawl as it blocks so I had to be a bit creative. Now, this is definitely not the best way to do this, but it worked for me in a pinch. I got out about 3 skirt hangers, you know, the kind that clip onto the hem. I clipped them to the top of the shawl (one on each end and one in the middle) and hung them on my shower rod, with the shower curtain keeping them from scrunching together too much. That was great for the width but to stretch out the length, I had to be even more crafty. I got a couple of wire hangers from the dry cleaner. (Please don't tell Joan Crawford about this.) I dangled them from the bottom point as weights. I think I should try to balance out the rest of the shawl so it doesn't stetch only toward the middle. Maybe I'll tweek it when I get home. In any case, it's a shawl.

So, I now find myself without a harried project to work on. I mean, I still have my aran sweater and my yarn fairy afghan, but they are not very portable. I may have to spend the long weekend NOT KNITTING. What is this world coming to??? I am waiting on some yarn for the baby blanket I was asked to make on behalf of a friend. I hope it arrives today. If it doesn't I won't be able to start it until Tuesday. I think the deadline for this blanket is the 9th. Please laugh along with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home