The World According to Marney

Friday, June 6

I am feeling the need to knit in cotton these days. As a subscriber to Knitter's Review, I am entitled to a 30% discount at Handworks Gallery for today and tomorrow. Being a sucker for sales and having a couple of extra dollars I can spare, I have already made a pilgramage to the site. I had been thinking about making Dot



from the latest Rowan Magazines. Especially since Melissa made one that came out so cute.

So as I was pondering that, I found out that Rowan also had a free pattern on-line for subscribers.



Both of these patterns use Rowan 4 ply cotton which was going for a little over $4.00 a skein with said discount. So, for about $50 including shipping, I will have yarn for 2 summer tops. I am totally digging this!!!

In the mean time, I am making some serious headway on the blanket. I finished the fist strip of the blanket last night and am working on the second. I think I gave out the wrong yardage amount to my friend when she ordered the yarn. I will have more yarn than I truly need. So, I have decided te make the blanket a bit bigger. I should have enough of the pink to mak it about about 40" wide and 50" long, instead of 35" by 42". That way the baby will be able to use the blanket for a bit longer, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home