The World According to Marney

Monday, March 8

Secret Knitter

I had mentioned that I signed up to be a part of the Secret Knitter Group, sending support and appreciation between knitters. Well, despite having information about the person I am supposed to send stuff out to a week ago, I managed to put that in a back corner of my mind...until Saturday. That was when I got this...



It's a great journal. I love it. So, Secret Knitting Buddy, thank you very much, not only for the thoughtful and beautiful gift, but for reminding me that I needed to get off my behind.

So, I spent a bit of the afternoon yesterday trying to figure out what to do for my Knitting Buddy. I did want to get something special and fun. I finally made a trip to Purl in hopes of a little inspiration. I didn't find anything for my Knitting Buddy, but I did indulge in a little inspiration for myself.



This is Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton. I have to say that this is the softest cotton I have ever felt. I think I will try to make a super soft cardigan.

Okay, so my journey was going in a different direction. I was then hit with inspriration. I headed over to my local art store for something to get my creative juices flowing. And that did the trick. I found this...



This is a kit that was marketed for making wire and bead letters. I am not sure why you need to spell things with wire and beads, but apparently there is a market for it. In any case, I used it to make these...



That's right, homemade stitch markers. I was inspired by a fellow S-n-Ber who came to S-n-B with a whole bunch that she had made in order to get rid of some of her over stock of beads.

I don't know if you can tell, but there are 2 different sizes there. I tried to be creative in the color combinations. And it took next to no time, once I got into the swing of it all. In fact, I made about 20 of them in under a half hour. The best part of it is it is really quite fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home